My favorite romances aren’t all new and shiny. Most aren’t politically correct. Even though I’m a feminist, many of the ones I hoard to re-read involve patriarchal heroes and all of them feature stubborn… I mean, authoritative men. I just can’t help myself. It’s my preference. Your mileage may vary.
Several of these tales are so old and out of touch that their authors have not even commissioned e-books for them. They remain at the front of my bookshelf.
As a personal preference, I generally avoid sheiks. I used to say I dislike cowboys & ranchers, but I think it’s more correct to say that I either love them or hate them. They either appear on the list below or I’m not a fan at all. I don’t know why. I do love shy, retiring wallflowers, hard-working secretaries or other dependable and closely-watched employees, and librarians (male and female). My long-time favorite authors are Annmarie McKenna, Helen Mittermeyer, Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Amanda Quick, Kathleen Woodiwiss, and Stephanie Laurens. Newer well-loved authors are Lynda Chance, DB Reynolds and Christine Feehan.
Disclaimer: I am not an Amazon Associate and am no way compensated for even mentioning these books, let alone walking you right into the store and pointing at them on the shelf.
In pseudo-alphabetical order:
1. Big Bad John by R. G. Alexander. 2013. Amazon Services LLC (self-published). Kink of all sorts, plus the very yummy John Brown. John Brown has been waiting patiently for Trudy to return, but his patience has run out. He’s had years to think about all the things he wants to do to her, and he’s willing to use her concern for her brother, her desire to help her best friend get her story, and every kinky fantasy Trudy has to show her who she belongs to. #kinky
*2. Protecting What’s His by Tessa Bailey. A Line of Duty Book #1. 2013. Entangled Brazen. The opportunity was just too damn delicious for Ginger Peet to pass up. The purse full of money she finds… could give her and her teen sister the new start they need. So she grabs the cash, her gothy sibling, and their life-sized statue of Dolly Parton, and blows outta Nashville… Turns out, Chicago has some pretty hot cops. Hot, intense, naughty-lookin’ cops like Derek Tyler. Tempting as he is, getting involved with the sexy homicide lieutenant next door poses a teensy problem for a gal who’s on the lam. But one thing is certain—Derek’s onto her, and he wants more than just a taste. #kinky
3. Never Seduce A Scot by Maya Banks. (The Montgomerys & Armstrongs #1). 2012. Ballantine. Eveline is deaf and in hiding but the king commands her to marry her father’s greatest enemy to force a peace. Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan. Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged marriage into a rival clan makes Graeme Montgomery her husband, Eveline accepts her duty. Graeme is a rugged warrior with a voice so deep and powerful that his new bride can hear it, and hands and kisses so tender and skilled that he stirs her deepest passions.
4. Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks. (The McCabes #2). 2011. Ballantine. Historical. I like historicals. I like Alaric and Keely, but I also like that modern Westerners are much less likely to face this struggle than they did.. Fiercely loyal to his elder brother, Alaric McCabe is prepared to wed for duty. But on his way to claim the hand of Rionna McDonald, daughter of a neighboring chieftain, he is ambushed and left for dead. Miraculously, his life is saved by the soft touch of a Highland angel, a courageous beauty who will put to the test his fealty to his clan, his honor, and his deepest desires. An outcast from her own clan, Keeley McDonald was betrayed by those she loved and trusted. When the wounded warrior falls from his horse, she is drawn to his strong, lean body. The wicked glint in his green eyes ignites a passion that will follow them back to Alaric’s keep. #littlekinky
5. Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters Book 1) by Dana Marie Bell. 2010. Samhain. A bear shifter named Bunny. I liked him just for that, and the hero behavior clinched it. Once a Bear sets his mind something it’s best to stay out of his way. Something’s wrong with Alex’s cousin Chloe, and he’s come to Halle to fix it when an enticing scent lures him into a tattoo shop. There she is. His perfect mate. An inked, Southern-drawled she-Wolf with lime-green hair. Giving Tabby the home she needs, though, could cost Alex the self-control he’s worked a lifetime to attain.
6. The Wallflower (Halle Puma Book 1) by Dana Marie Bell. 2008. Samhain. Shapeshifters. The entire series is lovely but I have a fondness for awkward wallflowers. If you don’t know why, I’m not explaining. Emma Carter has been in love with Max Cannon since high school, but he barely knew she existed. When Max returns to his small home town to take up his duties as the Halle Pride’s Alpha, he finds that shy little Emma has grown up. That small spark of something he’d always felt around the teenager has blossomed into something more—his mate! Taking her “out for a bite” ensures that the luscious Emma will be permanently his. But Max’s ex has plans of her own. Plans that don’t include Emma being around to interfere.
7. Possessing Eleanor by Tessie Bradford. 2010. Resplendence Publishing. Eleanor Lewis is perfectly content with her relationship free life until she finds herself at the feet of Jackson Royce. Eleanor is stunned by her instant and intense attraction to the devilishly handsome building contractor. Jackson always trusts his gut instincts. The ultra sexy woman sprawled on the floor is a sexual submissive. How intriguing that the all business, sensible shoe wearing office manager has absolutely no idea? The moment he takes her into his embrace he vows to possess her mind, body and soul. #kinky
8. Treasuring Evie by Tessie Bradford. 2010. Ellora’s Cave. Evelyn Ashlyn is living a life she’s struggled hard to achieve. Her business is thriving, as is her career as an artist. Success, however, always comes with a price. For Evie, the price is her personal life—and sex life. She’s not had any for two years. Matt Carstead, recently retired Detroit police officer, thought his dream come true was to move up north and spend his days woodworking, fishing and relaxing. That was until he met Evie, his fantasy woman come to life. Especially when he discovers his new neighbor swims in the nude—and has a mouth like heaven on earth. #kinky
9. Hunter’s Prey by Annette Broadrick. 1995. Harlequin. No e-book available. Five years was too long to be away from the Texas family ranch that had changed Kristi Cole’s life. A lot had changed since she’d fallen for and married Jason McAlister. Now, she was home for a divorce. But Kristi didn’t realize that she was falling into Jason’s trap. Once he’d lured her back, he never intended to let her go again.
*10. Dear Sir, I’m Yours by Joely Sue Burkhart. 2009. Samhain. One of the hottest spanking books I have ever read. The heroine suffers from emotional angst and guilt, but the reading experience — every time — is nearly orgasmic for me. Conn never forgot the one student who gave him a big fat “F” on the greatest test of his life. After all these years, he’s still haunted by his uncharacteristic loss of control. When he finds the very object of his shame—and desire—crawling around under his grandmother’s house, he swears to do anything to win Rae’s trust. Rae finds herself helpless against Conn’s slow seduction. Exactly the way she likes it. Instead of poetry, this time she learns the erotic pleasure to be found in bondage…and submission to the sexiest professor alive. #kinky
11. Never Let You Down by Joely Sue Burkhart. 2015. Samhain. Let me count the ways. There is life after 50. A woman in charge can be hot. A lost opportunity can become a resurrection. Virginia … has been alone twelve years since the great love of her life passed away…. She lives in the past, clinging to all those memories except one. The one she’s determinedly blocked out of her heart and mind for nearly forty years. The one time she was almost unfaithful to her then-fiancé…. Now he’s back in town and determined to finally, once and for all, tell her how much he’s loved her all these years. Or, even better, show her by going to his knees once more. If she’ll only give him the chance. #kinky
*12. Fix You (Second Chances) by Mari Carr. 2012. Samhain. This is a tear-jerker. Cancer, love, and best friends means I cried all the way through it. Rob has spent his entire life chasing his dream, but the moment he hears Zoey’s voice on the phone, he realizes he’s been running the wrong race. Zoey never sounds like she’s been crying. Ever. Without a second thought, he books a flight for home, determined to give her everything she needs. A shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold…and nights of intensely emotional, passionate sex. His biggest challenge, though, is convincing his best friend that he’s in it for the long haul. Because he finally knows what he wants, and it’s not fame and fortune. It’s her—and her love.
*13. Kiss Me, Kate by Mari Carr. Carried Away Publishing. 2014. This book might be perfect. Blindsided when her husband skips town with another woman, Kate is forced to move in with her sister. Desperate to get out of Jill’s apartment, Kate jumps at the chance to help Rick and Wes, DEA agents whose latest case finds them in urgent need of a house-sitter while they’re off on assignment. As the months pass, a stronger Kate emerges. She develops an email friendship with Rick, and it isn’t long before they secretly begin starring in each other’s lust-filled fantasies. Problem is, after her failed marriage, Kate only wants a physical relationship. She’s terrified of losing her heart—which is exactly what Rick intends to capture upon his return. #kinky
14. Saturday Night Special by Mari Carr. 2014. Carried Away Publishing. 2014. Vegas on a whim, kink, and best friend turned lover. Not much better than that. Riley’s always been the wildest of the Collins clan, but even she bites off more than she can chew during an impromptu trip to Sin City. Once again, it’s Aaron Young to the rescue. No surprise; Aaron’s been watching Riley’s ass forever—and he’s wanted to spank it for even longer. Tracking her down, Aaron finally gets his wish—after he drags a drunken Riley to a chapel and makes it legit, of course. To say she’s shocked is putting it mildly. But Riley warms to Aaron’s seduction quicker than you can say “all-you-can-eat buffet!” Who knew her mild-mannered best friend was so hot in the sack? Of course, thanks to Riley’s penchant for picking up strays, the newlyweds will have to sneak in some honeymoon boom-boom whenever they can. But they’ll manage… #kinky
15. Bedded By The Boss by Lynda Chance. Self-published. 2013. Secretary and boss, one of my favorite set-ups. When Renee Guillot starts her new job with better pay and benefits, she thinks her only worry will be a lack of job security. Little does she know she will be working for the Devil Incarnate. Suddenly, she is tossed into a world of sexual coercion and dangerous temptation. Robert Thibodeaux can’t be bothered with the mundane details of hiring his own secretary. So when his new employee shows up for work, one look is enough to know it will never work out. Getting her out of his office and into his bed isn’t an easy maneuver. But that’s exactly what he wants, and it will only be a matter of time before he makes it happen.
16. Marco’s Redemption by Lynda Chance. 2012. Self-published. He’s an arrogant, dominant ass, but I adore him anyway – at least in a book. Marco Donati is rich, ruthless–and more often than not–indiscriminate. Natalie Lambert is alone, broke, and new to the city when a chance encounter leaves her under the power and control of Marco Donati.
*17. Pursuit by Lynda Chance. 2013. Lynda Chance Books (self-published). Logan sees Lauren in a coffee shop and never looks back. Logan Crenshaw is doing just fine until a chance meeting with Lauren Jacobs sends his libido into a tailspin. When she turns down his offer of a date, his hunting instincts go on high alert and a predatory urge he never knew existed explodes within him. Lauren Jacob’s life is perfectly predictable until she meets Logan Crenshaw, a man who won’t take ‘no’ for an answer. Logan is more rampaging beast than normal man and Lauren finds herself the prey he wants to plunder.
18. Rule’s Obsession by Lynda Chance. 2014. Lynda Chance Books (self-published). Damian’s kind of jerk, until he’s not. An alpha-male like no other: Damian Rule is an ultra-staid businessman who likes his life just so. He wears his hair cut short; he demands his business affairs be organized, and he insists that his women be impeccably groomed and conservative in both speech and appearance. When he meets Angie Ross for the first time, he sees a hot, beautiful, gothic mess. With her fishnet stockings and spiked leather cuffs, she’s wildly inappropriate for his long term needs. But for the short term? She’ll do just fine.
19. Sarah’s Surrender by Lynda Chance. 2012. Lynda Chance Books (self-published). Listed as Book 2 in Ranchers of Chatum County but this is an easy standalone read. John is a foul-mouthed millionaire with a body to die for, if Sarah can just find a heart inside that caveman. John Garrett is a cynical multi-millionaire who is rarely denied anything he wants, until the day he meets Sarah McAlister. Sarah’s been hurt in the past and everything about the brooding rancher sends her defenses on high alert. She tries her best to stay out of his path, but his relentless pursuit makes him all but impossible to resist.
20. Seduced by the American Millionaire by Lynda Chance. 2013. Self-published. Life in the suburbs has been domestic, not daring. A fateful trip into the city delivers unsuspecting single mom Jenny Babin into the hands of ruthless Richard Bergeron. Richard lives in a dark underworld where money is made and lost with a roll of the dice. Jenny is drawn into an erotic relationship filled with passion, dominance and dark persuasion. Can she escape Richard’s control before it’s too late? Or will her time in the city become the life she’s always dreamed of?
21. Under the Cowboy’s Control by Lynda Chance. 2011. Self-published. He’s another arrogant, dominant ass but I adore him anyway – at least in a book. Selena Taylor is fleeing the cartel that killed her family, and she soon finds herself at the mercy of Travis Blake. Travis is a hard-working, self-made rancher that has never known love or softness of any kind. While Selena plots her escape from his control, Travis ruthlessly and methodically tightens his possession and makes it impossible for her to leave.
22. Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians Book 1) by Dianne Duvall. 2011. Zebra imprint / Penguin Random House. After rescuing a wounded stranger, Sarah Bingham has landed in the middle of a battle between corrupt vampires and powerful immortals who fight them. Roland Warbrook is the most compelling man Sarah has ever laid hands on. But his desire for her is mingled with a hunger… In his nine centuries of immortal existence, no woman has tempted Roland as much as Sarah. But asking her to love him is impossible–when it means forfeiting the world she’s always known, and the life he would do anything to protect…
23. In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians Book 3.5) by Dianne Duvall. 2014. Zebra imprint / Penguin Random House. It’s not the first time Immortal Guardian Richart d’Alençon has saved a human life from eternal damnation. Usually, he moves on, a nameless savior like a ghost in the night. But this time he can’t seem to forget the woman who rewarded him with a sensuous kiss after he rescued her from a trio of vampires. While Richart knows that loving a human can only bring trouble, the taste of forbidden lust is too great to resist… Jenna never imagined she’d end up a single mom working overtime to put her son through school. But she might have daydreamed once that a devastatingly gorgeous Frenchman would sweep her off her feet….
24. Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians Book 5) by Dianne Duvall. 2014. Penguin Random House. For centuries, Lisette d’Alençon has been a warrior against the dark. But then the dreams begin, dreams of a dark-haired man with soft eyes and brutal wounds, a man her heart aches for–and a man she knows has been declared a traitor. Zach is an exile, a loner. He won’t defend himself against false accusations or grovel to those who should have faith in him. But he’ll damn sure defend the woman who kept him sane. The Guardians will blame him, and that will make Lisette suspect, too. With life, death and eternity on the line, who can they really trust?
25. Kept by Carolyn Faulkner. 2010. Blushing Books. Being his mistress pays better than teaching. But the salary and benefits aren’t enough. Who said being a dominant Sugar Daddy was going to be easy? Self-made millionaire Reed Douglas wanted a woman in his life, but he didn’t have the time … Tricia Barton flew down to spend some time with her cousins after the death of her mother, hoping a change of scenery would help her slough off the remnants of depression. She never expected to have her life turned upside down by her cousin’s undeniably hot and very dominant boss who didn’t hesitate to suggest that she let him keep her in a style to which she definitely didn’t want to become accustomed. #kinky
26. Dark Melody (Dark Carpathians #12) by Christine Feehan. 2010. Harper Collins. Story arc is so different than most romances that I fell in love almost at once, but it is nowhere near as popular as some of her more thrilling tales. Lead guitarist of the Dark Troubadours, Dayan was renowned for his mesmerizing performances. His melodies stilled crowds. When he found Corinne Wentworth in the club, she was pursued by the fanatics who’d murdered her husband, pregnant, and dying from a congenital heart condition. Fragile, delicate and vulnerable, she was irreplaceable. Dayan would have to convince her to believe in them, and not the doctors who’d convinced her death was inevitable.
27. Dark Wolf (Dark Carpathians #25) by Christine Feehan. 2014. Penguin Group. She’d like these to all be standalones but I think it would be hard to understand this one without some of the earlier books. Skyler Daratrazanoff always recognized Dimitri Tirunul was her lifemate, a man beyond any dream. But now, marked for extermination by the Lycans, Dimitri found himself alone, and fearing for his life. No Lycan would ever suspect someone like 19-year-old human Skyler to dare mount a secret rescue operation. But she had something no one else had. She was predestined for Dimitri—as he was for her. And there was nothing stronger for Skyler than her desire to see her life-dream come true. Whatever the risk.
28. Shadow Rider (Shadow Riders #1) by Christine Feehan. 2016. Berkley. Whether it’s fast cars or fast women, Stefano Ferraro gets what he wants. When he’s not fodder for the paparazzi, he commands Ferraro family businesses—both legitimate and illegitimate. While their criminal activity is simply a rumor yet to be proven, no one knows the real truth. The Ferraros are a family of shadow riders… With little left to her name, Francesca Cappello has come to Chicago in hopes of a new life. She wasn’t expecting to attract the attention of a man with primal hunger in his eyes, driven to claim her as his to protect and to please. And if he discovers her secret, it could ruin her…
29. The Real Deal by Niki Green. A Wild Ride (Roped) Story. 2009. Samhain. The only thing wrong with this book is that it’s too freaking short. Willa Tate left Millbrook, Texas, years ago—along with her future, her fiancé and her heart. Now, as one of the headlining acts at a hot burlesque club, she looks into the crowd, sees a familiar face staring up at her—and her past comes crashing back. Chase Kiel has some hard questions for the former love of his life. He spent forever looking for her, and now he wants answers—even if he has to throw her over his shoulder and drag her back to Millbrook to get them. He’d find it a hell of a lot easier if the chemistry weren’t still there. If they didn’t still fit together like a keg of dynamite and fuse. If he didn’t want not only his answers…but her heart.
30. The Incorrigible Lady Catherine by Elena Greene. 2011. Cherwell Cottage Press. I didn’t know this book was part of a series called The Three Disgraces until I bought the Kindle version! Lady Catherine Harcourt, daughter of a duke, tries to escape her cold, repressive family by eloping with a rake. She is exiled to her aunts’ cottage in the Lake District, where she meets Philip Woodmere, a gentleman farmer as kind as he is ruggedly attractive. She is drawn to Philip’s strength and warms to his lively family, but a secret from her past threatens their chance for happiness.
31. Heartbreaker by Linda Howard. HarperCollins 1998, re-released 2016 with Kindle version by Avon. Michelle Cabot reluctantly returns home to central Florida, having inherited her father’s cattle ranch—and the mountain of bills that go with it. But Michelle’s determined to turn things around, even as she discovers she’s heavily indebted to neighboring rancher John Rafferty, a man she’s spent ten years trying to forget. John has his own ideas for how the spoiled princess he remembers might pay him back—but when Michelle’s secrets come to light, he’ll do anything to protect her…including letting go of the past once and for all.
32. Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders #3) by Lorelei James. Republished 2015. Ridgeview Publishing. The good girl gets her man. Ridin’ the edge of lust is fun…until someone falls in love. For years, goody-two boots AJ Foster wished her dream man Cord McKay would see her beyond the girl in pigtails. Now that she’s old enough to stake her claim on him, she challenges the cowboy to teach her how to ride—and she doesn’t mean horses. Saddled with running the McKay ranch, dealing with the wild behavior of his brother and cousins, and raising his young son alone, divorced rancher Cord has sworn off all women. Yet AJ’s innocence and sexual curiosity is a temptation he can’t resist…
33. Gamemaster by Stephanie James. 1983. Silhouette Desire #67. No e-book available. Stephanie James is an early pen name of Jayne Ann Krentz. Shelley Banning was an enterprising accountant determined to acquire aid for one of her financially ailing clients. Her first task was to secure a loan from Joel Cassidy, ruler of a successful video-game empire. But Joel was a masterful player.
34. The Trustworthy Redhead (Sedikhan #3) by Iris Johansen. 1984, Republished 2012. Bantam. A Loveswept classic brought back to e-readers as part of the Sedikhan series. Possibly the only exception to my no-sheiks rule — Iris Johansen is just that good. Billionaire Alex Ben Raschid can’t remember the last time he heard the word “no.” As Houston’s economic powerhouse and heir to a vast, oil-rich Middle Eastern sheikdom, Alex is used to getting what he wants. And when he lays eyes on Sabrina, the sensuous redhead hired to belly dance for his party, he wants her . . . From an early age, Sabrina Courtney has had to fend for herself. And ever since the man who has always been like a brother to her suffered a medical tragedy, she’s been caring for him, too. Paying the bills with her NoveltyGram job, keeping them both afloat—that’s what matters to the trustworthy redhead. So when Alex begins to ferociously pursue her, Sabrina is unimpressed. She’s certain that the mansion, the Italian sports car, and the smoldering eyes get him everything he wants and more from other women, but Sabrina is not like other women. She cannot even imagine falling for the billionaire—until she does.
35. Cait and the Devil by Annabel Joseph. 2013. Scarlet Rose Press. The young maiden Cait has always lived a simple, secluded life in the Scottish woods. Then, in her eighteenth year, she is summoned to Aberdeen and informed with cruel disdain that she is the unwanted daughter of the king. To deal with this “problem,” Cait is forced to marry a forbidding stranger, Duncan, the Devil of Inverness, who has already buried one wife. She travels to the Devil’s castle reluctantly, in dread, and Duncan is none too pleased to welcome the pale, dark-haired creature as his wife. But the two soon realize they are more perfectly matched than either suspected. His deep desire to dominate and discipline his new wife is matched only by her bravery and willingness to submit to his perverse demands and desires. But a phantom threat stalks Cait, and Duncan is troubled by her secret and mysterious past. Can Duncan protect his vulnerable wife? Will their powerful and unusual brand of love prevail? #kinky
36. Lily Mine by Annabel Joseph. 2011. Scarlet Rose Press. Spanking and kinky sex lead to love. When Lily wends her way down the country lane to Lilyvale Manor, she hopes the coincidence of names bodes well, for she is in dire straits…. Lord Ashbourne is equally at ends, his fiancée having jilted him for a commoner and run off to the Continent. Her powerful society family is determined to delay the breaking scandal in order to save the younger sister’s prospects. When a servant leads Lily to his parlor, James is astonished to discover how closely she resembles the missing lady of the manor. He hatches a plan, convincing Lily to play his absent “wife” to keep the gossips at bay. He reassures her it will be in name only, but soon enough, playacting turns to real attraction, and friendship to aching, mounting desire…. #kinky
37. Chasing Tail (Lions in the City Book 1) by Celia Kyle. 2015. Self-published. Werelioness Penelope Little has a growling lion pacing the library’s shelves. Not just any lion, either. He’s the most powerful feline in the country. And for some reason, he’s got his sights set on curvy, slightly nerdy, and totally frumpy Penny Not-So-Little. When he finally calms enough to shift… Well, gorgeous doesn’t begin to describe him. He’s sexy, sinful, and has a smile that nearly brings her to her knees. Even better, he’s all hers. Or is he? When a witch is involved in his sudden appearance, there’s no telling.
*38. The Rake and the Wallflower (Seabrook Trilogy Book 2) by Allison Lane. 2010. Belgrave House / Regency Reads, originally published by Signet. When shy, intelligent Mary Seabrook is forced to accompany her self-centered sister to London for the Season, she encounters Lord Grayson, notorious rake, but also a gentleman who shares her interests. As for his lordship, wherever he goes he finds Miss Seabrook—rapidly uncovering his secrets, deflecting a scheming miss and saving his life when he suffers a suspicious string of accidents.
39. The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae by Stephanie Laurens. 2012. HarperCollins. Capture and rescue. Lovely, determined Angelica Cynster recognizes her ideal match across a candlelit ballroom…only to find herself suddenly kidnapped by the man, spirited off to the Scottish Highlands, and engaged to be married!
40. Four In Hand by Stephanie Laurens. Reprinted 2008. HQN Books. Max Rotherbridge couldn’t believe it. Along with the dukedom of Twyford, he—London’s most notorious rogue—had inherited wardship of four devilishly attractive sisters! The eldest Twinning was everything he had ever wanted in a woman, but even Max couldn’t seduce his own ward…or could he? After all, he did have a substantial reputation to protect. And what better challenge than the one woman capable of stealing his heart?
41. A Gentleman’s Honor (Bastion Club #2) by Stephanie Laurens. 2009. HarperCollins. Historical. Ex-spies and secretive country heroines, oh my. When Tony Blake discovers Alicia standing over a dead body in his godmother’s garden, every instinct tells him she is innocent. His connections allow him to take control of the investigation, his social prominence provides her public support, but it is more than honor that compels him to protect her and to do everything in his seductive power to make her his.
42. In Pursuit of Eliza Cynster by Stephanie Laurens. 2011. HarperCollins. Capture and rescue. Brazenly kidnapped from her sister Heather’s engagement ball, Eliza Cynster is spirited north to Edinburgh. Desperate and determined to escape, she seizes upon the first possible champion who happens along—gentleman scholar Jeremy Carling. Villains and rescues are a far cry from Jeremy’s expertise, yet he cannot abandon a damsel in distress. But danger lurks and hurdles abound in their race to escape…
43. Lost And Found by Stephanie Laurens. 2012. HarperCollins. A Cynster historical novella originally appearing in the Hero, Come Back anthology from HarperCollins in 2009. Reggie Carmathen needs to marry. His mother insists, and even his friends are hinting, so before he has some young chit thrust upon him, Reggie decides to choose his own bride. But then he stumbles over Anne Ashford, a quiet, gentle English rose and a long time family acquaintance, who, shockingly, seems determined to go where ladies should not tread . . . unable to refuse a damsel in need, through their adventures Reggie uncovers hidden depths—in both Anne and himself.
44. Mastered By Love (Bastian Club #8) by Stephanie Laurens. 2009. HarperCollins. Dalziel finally gets what is coming to him (a woman who doesn’t let him walk all over her). As the mysterious leader of the Bastion Club known as “Dalziel,” Royce Varisey, tenth Duke of Wolverstone, served his country for decades, facing dangers untold. But as the holder of one of England’s most august noble titles, he must now take on that gravest duty of all: marriage. Yet the young ladies the grand dames would have him consider are predictably boring. Far more tempting is his castle’s willful and determinedly aloof chatelaine, Minerva Chesterton. Beneath her serene façade lies a woman of smoldering sensuality, one who will fill his days with comfort and his nights with sheer pleasure. Determined to claim her, he embarks on a seduction to prove his mastery over every inch of her body…
45. On A Wicked Dawn (Cynsters #10) by Stephanie Laurens. 2009. HarperCollins. Historical. Amelia Cynster gets her viscount. Amelia Cynster is stunned to hear these words from Lucien Ashford—the enigmatic sixth Viscount Calverton and the man she has always loved—just before the handsome rogue passes out at her feet. Dawn is breaking and she’s already risked scandal by lying in wait for him just outside his London home. And though torn between indignant affront and astonished relief, she’s nevertheless thrilled that Luc has agreed to her outrageous marriage proposal.
46. The Perfect Lover (Cynsters #10) by Stephanie Laurens. 2009. Harper Collins. Historical. House party murder mystery. A wealthy and powerful rake, Simon Cynster has known Portia Ashford, equally wealthy and well-educated, since they were children. Knowing each other so well is both a blessing and a curse, for when it dawns on Simon that he’s in love with Portia, he’s well aware that she’ll feel challenged by his protectiveness and wary of having her independence curtailed. For her part, Portia feels safe exploring her newly awakened sensuality with Simon, but she’s not at all sure that he’ll make a suitable husband. While they’re feeling their way through a minefield of turbulent emotions, a member of the weekend house party they’re attending dies.
47. The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens. 2013. HarperCollins. Historical mystery in the Cynster family. Many say it’s too long, etc etc. I love the characterization of the Hero and Heroine. The Honorable Miss Mary Cynster always gets what she wants. As the last unwed Cynster of her generation, she is determined to remain in charge of her life and of the man she will marry. At the very bottom of her list of potential husbands is Ryder Cavanaugh. But destiny has a different plan. Ryder needs Mary as his wife, not just because she is delightful, fiery, and tempting, but because he values all she could be.
48. Temptation and Surrender (Cynsters #15) by Stephanie Laurens. 2009. HarperCollins. I like Jonas. He’s not arrogant or titled, he’s a country gentleman who knows himself. Falling in love isn’t straightforward but once he decides, he’s sure. Jonas Tallent, who has taken the reins of his family’s estate, never expected a delectable morsel like Miss Emily Beauregard to step into his library. A lady as tempting as Emily belongs in a ballroom, or a bedroom—preferably his. Emily herself hadn’t expected her current circumstances, but she has her reasons and doesn’t plan to share them, even with someone as seductive as Jonas. But a villain knows her secret, and soon danger threatens Em, her family, and the powerful love she and Jonas have found in each other’s arms.
49. To Distraction (Bastion Club #5) by Stephanie Laurens. 2009. HarperCollins. Deverell discovers Miss Phoebe Malleson has a secret — or more than one. Those secrets only make her more interesting. Deverell, Viscount Paignton, is in desperate need of a wife… [H]e seeks help from his aunt, who directs him to a lady she vows is perfect for him. Phoebe Malleson is tempted to distraction by Deverell, but marrying him isn’t part of her plan. Moved by an incident in her past, Phoebe has a secret cause to which she’s committed. Unfortunately, telling Deverell to go away doesn’t work. But someone powerful has her cause targeted for destruction and her in their sights.
50. Embraced (Bound Hearts Book 6) by Lora Leigh. 2007. Ellora’s Cave. Only available in paperback right now, in a compilation with Book 7. I’m a sucker for rescues, and this one’s a humdinger. Marey has run from herself and from Sax for over three years. Lost years, hiding in the home her parents left her, living on the fantasy, too wary to reach out and make real the dreams of the life and man that torment her. Sax Brogan is the embodiment of sinful and sexy – tall, dark, handsome and every inch of him the fantasy of Marey’s dreams come to hot, throbbing life. And he’s more than ready to claim his woman. Now the time has come for Marey to stop running and embrace not just the fantasy he represents, but also the reality. That is, if her ex-husband will let her live long enough to enjoy it… #kinky
51. Nauti Boy (Nauti Book 1) by Lora Leigh. 2007. Berkley. Too weak to resist young Kelly Benton’s attempts at seduction, Rowdy Mackay left home eight years ago. Duty as a U.S. Marine put a safe distance between temptation and the nubile Kentucky vixen. Now he’s back home and ready to engage in the kind of erotic games that have earned him and his two cousins a N.auti-boy reputation in three counties. Once it was Kelly’s dream too-to feel the heat of the boy she desired. But an attack from a stalker still on the prowl has left Kelly terrified of a man’s touch. Now as fear and desire converge, Rowdy fights to save her from the deadly threats of a stranger, to rid her of her demons, and to satisfy a hunger more powerful than either can imagine.
52. Reno’s Chance: A Navy Seals Story (Tempting Navy SEALs Book 1) by Lora Leigh. 2010. St. Martin’s Griffin. It’s part of a loosely written series, but Reno’s Chance is by far my favorite. Includes spanking and some kink references. Ever since she was a little girl, Raven McIntire has secretly pined and longed for her best friend’s sexy older brother, Reno, a Navy SEAL who has just returned home from duty. What she doesn’t realize is that his only true mission is to get into her heart and get her into his bed. #kinky
53. Seduction by Lora Leigh. 2004. Ellora’s Cave. Bound Hearts #3. Kink, spanking, bondage, domination & submission, sex toys, menage. I like that the hero and heroine are not young. Previously an e-book was available for this title, but none are currently for sale. Jesse Wyman has loved his late brother’s wife, Terrie, forever. Seducing her into coming to him and accepting his brand of a powerful sexual relationship is difficult, given that his brother Thomas abused her, emotionally and psychologically. She ran from him once, but not again. #kinky
54. Submission by Lora Leigh. 2004. Ellora’s Cave. Bound Hearts #2. Kink, spanking, bondage, domination & submission, sex toys, menage. I like that the hero and heroine are not young. Previously an e-book was available for this title, but none are currently for sale. In her desperation to repair the rift between herself and her daughter, Ella moves back to Virginia, and agrees to allow the ghost of her past back into her life. As a favor to her daughter, she allows James Wyman to stay the week in her new home. James. Dominating. Sexy. Younger. The man that has filled her most secret fantasies, her most forbidden desires. And James is determined Ella won’t escape him again. This time, she will submit. #kinky
55. Tempting Tonio by Mia Madison (Adamos Book 1). 2016. Self-published. Older man falls hard for much younger girl. But. Oh my. He’s hot. I like the other 4 books in the series too. “I have written actual poems about the perfection that is Antonio Alessandro Adamo. He doesn’t even know I exist. That’s what I thought, anyway. But now I’ve got his attention — in a big way — and I’m about to find out just what it’s like to tangle with an alpha male.”
56. Fallon’s Revenge by Mackenzie McKade. 2006. Samhain. Vampires, spanking, and revenge, oh my.. Young and inexperienced, Fallon McGregor is an immortal with one thing on her mind. Revenge. She’ll do anything to destroy the demon that killed her daughter and made Fallon his flesh and blood slave. One step ahead of her tormentor, she knows her luck is running out. She needs to discover the mysteries of the dark—and fast. When she meets Adrian Trask she gets more than she bargains for in tight jeans and a Stetson. Adrian will share his ancient blood and knowledge with Fallon, but he wants something in return…her heart and her promise to stay with him forever. But Fallon doesn’t have forever. Once her nemesis is destroyed she will seek her own death. Tormented, she must choose between a promise made and the love of one man. #kinky
57. Christmas Showdown by Mackenzie McKade. 2011. Self-published. Warning, there’s a baby involved. Kelly McMaster’s first and last one nightstand left her with a child and no idea how to find her son’s father—the man whose touch and kiss has her still wanting more. Now, after almost two years, she’s settled in a new city with a new job… One that has a gun pointed at her head. When Trey Burstyn answers the bank robbery in process call, the last thing he expects to discover is the woman who left an impression on him one snowy night in Denver. He’s ready to rekindle the fire, but she’s resistant. Then the reason walks through the door. Anger. Betrayal. Regrets. All fades when Trey realizes he’s as much to blame for the situation, but that ends now. When he insists Kelly and TJ, their son, move in with him, she balks.
58. Blackmailed by Annmarie McKenna. 2006 republished by Samhain. First menage romance I ever read and still one of my favorites in the genre. Brianna Wyatt’s father is blackmailing her into doing what he wants by threatening to send her brother to an institution. She would do anything to keep that from happening, including go along with his demented scheme of her getting pregnant by Cole Masters—a man who’s been rumored to share a woman with his best friend, and who leaves Brianna’s innocent senses in shambles. Cole is sure he’s about to be blackmailed—why else would a man whore his daughter? But there’s something about her that neither Cole nor his best friend, Tyler Cannon, can deny. They want her, and don’t hesitate for a second on making their own offer. Her brother’s protection for her body. When danger flirts with Brianna’s life, there is nothing they won’t do to keep her safe. Including listening to what their hearts are saying. #kinky
*59. Checkmate (Graham Pack Mates Book 2) by Annmarie McKenna. 2007. Samhain. Shapeshifting romance at its finest, if you don’t mind the serial killer and stalker. After returning home from an eight-month security job, Eli Graham is ready to claim his best friend’s little sister as his mate. He’d put it off for years, thinking he was doing the right thing by waiting. Instead of the stubborn, independent, carefree girl he left behind, Eli finds a shell of the woman he once knew. Having lived through a near fatal attack, Nikki Taylor has hidden herself away from the world. Now the time has come to face head-on the one man who could devastate her completely, Eli Graham. She’s loved him forever, craves him, body, heart and soul, but he’s never treated her as anything but a little sister. When Nikki witnesses a murder, she has no choice but to rely on Eli’s expertise.
60. Court Appointed (Serving Love) by Annmarie McKenna. 2008. Samhain. A gay judge finds himself with a gay bodyguard. Hot MM sex happens. I wanted to watch. After receiving several suspicious “gifts”, His Honor Jackson Benedict is assigned an agent for protection. He’d be fine with a bodyguard…if he was anyone but the man who enters his courtroom looking hotter than any man has a right to look. Thank God Jackson’s robe hides his interest. Trey London is more than happy that Jackson has practically been handed to him on a silver platter. If his job requires he stay close to one of the country’s youngest federal judges, it’s no skin off his back.
61. Tooth and Claw by Annmarie McKenna. 2009. Samhain. Seth Gramble is a prince among his people. Half vampire, half jaguar, he is one of a rare few who can shift into an animal form. Both his halves have found their mate in a female detective determined to lump all vampires in with the rogue who killed her former lover. He’s given her six months to see him differently. He’s done waiting. Paxton Tenor wants nothing to do with a blood-sucking fiend, no matter how much he makes her body sing. Nothing good can come of a vampire. A case she’s working on partners her with Seth, and she’s forced to reconsider her hatred. #kinky
62. Two Sighted by Annmarie McKenna. 2007. Samhain. A boss-employee paranormal romance that makes my mouth dry. Aislinn Campbell, the latest in a long line of flame-haired, clairvoyant, first-born daughters, is trying to enjoy her company’s Fourth of July party. She thought she was through with men since escaping her ex more than a year ago, yet sexy, ex-military millionaire Kyle Turner III has found his way into her fantasies. But if he finds out who sent him an anonymous warning—and why—he probably won’t touch her with a ten-foot pole. There’s nothing Kyle doesn’t know about his personal assistant, including her secret and ugly past. Though he wants her in his bed more than his next breath, he’s been biding his time, waiting for her to come out of her shell. Before the night is out, he intends to prove to her she has nothing to fear from him—or her bastard of an ex, who has chosen this night to vent possessive rage on the woman Kyle would defend with his life.
*63. The Biker’s Pup by Sean Michael. 2015. Totally Bound. Whip always has a good time at the Gay Riders Carnival, and this year he’s hoping to meet up with some studs and top last year’s festivities. The last thing he expects when he walks into his cabin is to be nearly bowled over by a skinny lad with a bruised jaw. Nick came to the Carnival with his so-called Master Dirk, but instead of having a good time, things moved quickly from bad to worse… Broke, alone and not entirely sure how he’s going to get home, Nick thinks Whip is a dream come to life and he’s just waiting for the other shoe to drop. #kinky
*64. Ablaze by Helen Mittermeyer. 1988. Loveswept #269. No e-book available. Hotel entrepreneur Conrad Wendel was on fire for the lovely Heller Blane. When she took the thousands of dollars he offered her and disappeared, he didn’t know she wanted to pay her mother’s medical bills. That didn’t discourage him from hunting her down a second time, though.
65. Blue Flame by Helen Mittermeyer. 1989. Loveswept #310. No e-book available. The alabaster skin, the amethyst eyes–Dev Abrams shook his head. Why, after all this time, did he think he saw his dead wife in the theater lobby? Then he looked again and met the shocked eyes of the only woman he had ever loved. Felicity felt stunned, dizzy at the sight of her husband in the magnificent flesh. He’d been reported killed in the middle of a revolution, but her heart shouted with triumph that it wasn’t true.
66. Black Frost (Men of Ice) by Helen Mittermeyer. 1990. Loveswept #396. No e-book available. Bear Kenmore was a racing legend, a driver with nerves of steel who had tangled with death many times, but he met his match in golden-haired Kip Noble. She was precious fire, a woman whose courage and daring equaled his own.
67. Frozen Idol (Men of Ice) by Helen Mittermeyer. 1990. Loveswept #425. No e-book available. Ten years had passed since Dolph Wakefield had succumbed to the innocent sensuality of a 19-year-old wood-sprite, Bedelia Fronsby. When she vanished from his life he was left filled with an icy sorrow, but now the siren stood before him – longing to beg forgiveness and spark new fires between them.
68. Quicksilver (Men of Ice) by Helen Mittermeyer. 1989. Loveswept #371. No e-book available. Fleeing from pursuers, Damiene Belson shocked Piers Larraby. But who was this gorgeous gamine on the run? She begged Piers to accept the secrets between them, but would demons from the past cost them forever?
69. White Heat by Helen Mittermeyer. 1989. Loveswept #341. No e-book available. Pacer Dillon was an irresistible heartbreaker, a maverick with sapphire eyes and a fiery temper who was determined to take over Colm Fitzroy’s family business. She was certain she could stop him, but when passion like a tidal wave swept over her during their first kiss, Colm had to admit that Pacer heat her most-wanted list!
70. Finally His by Doris O’Connor. 2016. Evernight. The only thing wrong with this boss-employee novella is that it’s not long enough. Jolie Pierson has lusted after her hot as hades boss forever, so when he finally takes notice of her, she can’t help but melt at his dominance. Besides, it would be rude to not give him a present on his birthday. Richard Tomlin never dates the women at his office. However, when he realizes the sinfully curvy red head he’s been struggling to keep his hands off for ages is submissive…the gloves are off. This woman makes him forget all the rules and brings out his primitive instincts—to take, to devour, to mark her as his until everyone knows she belongs to him. #kinky
*71. All Chained Up by Brynn Paulin. Out of print. This book has been taken out of sales but is still referenced on Brynn Paulin’s website. It is Book 2 in the Cress Brothers stories. The first book has been republished by a different publisher so I’m hoping this will be re-released too.
72. In the Dark by Brynn Paulin. Revised and republished 2013. Resplendence. I have a birthmark. I was always glad it wasn’t on my face. Born with a red blemish streaking her cheek, Katherine has been hidden her entire life. Even after her family perished in the plague, she did not emerge from behind the walls that protect her. With the help of a faithful servant, she is content to live as she’s been taught. However, her contentment ends when a band of men arrive to the castle in a cloud of dust. She’s horrified. And worried. And more than a little fascinated by the man who leads them, Calen the Black. While she spies on Calen from afar, her need to draw closer rages out of control until she sneaks to his room to experience his touch…for as long as they remain in the dark.
73. Punished by Brynn Paulin. 2010. Resplendence Publishing. Prim Natalia Cooper lives life on the straight and narrow, never veering into naughty territory. But she wants to. One night, years ago, her boyfriend gave her a few swats on the rear as part of their sex play and she loved it. She wants more. But he’s long gone and she hasn’t been spanked since. When she learns of a club where she can get exactly what she needs—anonymously—she’s so turned on and ready she can hardly bear it. For Ethan Tavish, The Dungeon has served as a place to exert his dominance without making lasting commitments. He can hardly believe his eyes when he enters the play area to find his secretary, Natalia, bent over the spanking bench in a schoolgirl uniform. They’re both masked, but he’d recognize her anywhere. In an instant, he has a plan to give them what they both want…and perhaps a whole lot more. #kinky
74. Dangerous by Amanda Quick. Republished 2009. Bantam. Historical. At five and twenty, Prudence Merryweather knew very well tht risks a woman took by visiting a gentleman in the dead of night. But bearding the notorious Earl of Angelstone in his den was the only way to stop him from engaging her hot-headed brother in a duel. And that was why she found herself ushered into Sebastian’s frobidding presence at three int the morning—and thoroughly kissed before dawn.
75. Deception by Amanda Quick. Republished 2009. Bantam / Random House. Historical classic. Amanda Quick’s debut novel. Olympia Wingfield has three hellion nephews who need a tutor. Jared Chillhurst has a viscountcy and a business to run, but he also has a journal that needs deciphered so that he can get his father and uncle off on a treasure hunt and out of his hair.
76. Ravished by Amanda Quick. 1992, reissued 2009. Bantam. Historical. Harriet Pomeroy needed someone powerful and clever who could help her rout the unscrupulous thieves who were using her beloved caves to hide their loot. But when Harriet summoned Gideon Westbrook, Viscount St. Justin, she discovered he was dubbed the Beast of Blackthorne Hall for his scarred face and lecherous past. Now, caught up in the Beast’s clutches, Harriet must find a way to win his heart.
77. Scandal by Amanda Quick. Republished 2010. Bantam / Random House. Historical. With her reputation forever tarnished by a youthful indiscretion, lovely Emily Faringdon is resigned to a life of spinsterhood–until she embarks on an unusual correspondence and finds herself falling head over heels in love. Sensitive, intelligent, and high-minded, her noble pen pal seems to embody everything Emily has ever dreamed of in a man. But Simon Augustus Traherne, the mysterious Earl of Blade, is not at all what he seems. Driven by dark, smoldering passions and a tragic secret buried deep within his soul, Blade has all of London cowering at his feet, but not Emily . . . never Emily. For even as she surrenders to his seductive charms, she knows the real reason for his amorous suit. And she knows that she must reach the heart of this golden-eyed dragon before the avenging demons of their entwined pasts destroy the only love she has ever known.
78. Until November by Aurora Rose Reynolds. 2013. Self-published / CreateSpace. I’m not a first-person, present-tense sort of girl, but the story is compelling enough that I don’t care. Contemporary. November is looking forward to getting to know her father and the safety of a small town. After leaving … the bad memories for Tennessee, November starts working for her dad at his strip club doing the books. The one time she’s allowed there during club hours she runs into Asher Mayson. He’s perfect until he opens his mouth and makes assumptions…. Asher Mayson has never had a problem getting a woman that is until November. Now all he can think about is making November his and keeping her safe.
79. Falling For Him by Alisha Rai. (The Karimi Siblings Book 1). This title was originally called Veiled Desire, and that’s what’s in my library. 2015 Re-published by Alisha Rai. Leyla Karimi can’t keep her eyes off the hunky guy living in the house behind her. How couldany woman resist ogling Dr. Mason Barrett, especially when he makes it so easy by parading around in his skin and skivvies? If it was only their age difference, she would have made a move a long time ago. Except Mason is more than a neighbor. He’s her baby brother’s oldest friend. It’s not like they can have a casual fling and walk away in the morning. Mason’s been doing a little lusting—okay a lot—for quite some time. When he catches Leyla peeking, it’s a sure sign she could finally be ready to heat up his nights with loving. One taste of her lips, though, and he doesn’t want a “little” of anything. He wants it all.
80. Aden (Vampires In America #7) by D.B. Reynolds. 2013. ImaJinn Books. Vampires. Hero is emotionally deep in this one. Born into slavery, Aden is one of the most powerful vampires in North America, waging war on others of his kind in a struggle to become the next Lord of the Midwest. But in the midst of the deadliest fight of his long life, the ghosts of his past have come back to haunt him. Slavery still exists, and Aden is hellbent on destroying it and the vampires who profit from it. Sidonie Reid is an investigative reporter in pursuit of the biggest story of her career, until that story costs the life of a friend and Sid realizes she has to do much more than write about it. Intent on bringing down the vampires and their slave network, Sid gains entry to the highest levels of vampire society, where she finds herself confronting the raw sexuality that is Aden.
*81. Christian (Vampires In America Book 10) by D.B. Reynolds. 2015. ImaJinn Books. My favorite installment (so far) in my favorite vampire series, mostly because of Christian, though Natalie is lovely. I would have loved to see her family in a better supporting role, but maybe in the future. Christian Duvall . . . charismatic and powerful, and determined to claim the South as his own. But with old enemies and new fighting to stop him, victory suddenly takes on a brutal, and far more treacherous, edge. Because what one of his enemies wants more than anything else already belongs to Christian . . . and her name is Natalie. Natalie Vivant Gaudet . . . brilliant and lovely, a strong Southern woman who can unravel the most intricate financial schemes designed to swindle and steal. She loves her complex job and the simplicity of her life. And then she meets Christian. He’s beautiful, he’s complicated, and she’ll fight to keep him alive.
82. Deception (Vampires In America #9) by D.B. Reynolds. 2015. ImaJinn Books. Vampires. This one would be hard to understand without reading previous books in the series. Raphael—powerful, extraordinary, arrogant. He’s been eliminating rivals and gathering allies, determined not just to survive, but to demolish the Europeans who think they can steal what he’s worked for centuries to create. In a final bid to avert a war that seems inevitable, Raphael agrees to meet an enemy he knows of old. She is formidable, wily, and not to be trusted. But in his arrogance, Raphael believes he can foil whatever treachery she has brewing. Cynthia Leighton—Raphael’s human mate, beautiful, smart, and deadly when threatened. She doesn’t trust anyone, much less a powerful vampire claiming to want peace. So while Raphael prepares to negotiate a treaty, Cyn is preparing for the inevitable double-cross that she knows is coming. Raphael worries about saving thousands of vampire lives. She only cares about one, and she will do anything to keep him alive and in her arms.
*83. Duncan (Vampires In America #5) by D.B. Reynolds. 2011. ImaJinn Books. Vampires. A power unto himself, Duncan has served at Raphael’s side for a hundred and fifty years. But long laid plans have finally borne fruit, and the time has come for Duncan to leave Raphael and tackle the greatest challenge of his life. But Washington, D.C. will be his. Emma Duquet cares nothing for vampire politics. She just wants to find her missing roommate and best friend, Lacey. But Lacey’s been playing with vampires of a particularly dangerous kind, and Emma will have to deal with the new vampire in town if she’s going to find her friend.
84. Sophia (Vampires in America #4) by D.B. Reynolds. 2014. ImaJinn Books. Sophia, beautiful and deadly, has spent the last hundred years dancing her way through the balmy nights and hot-blooded men of South America. But when her Sire sends an urgent summons, Sophia rushes home to Vancouver only to find he has disappeared, leaving nothing behind but three dead vampires and a letter with Sophia’s name on it. Colin Murphy, a former Navy SEAL, came to the Northwest seeking a quiet place to heal the scars earned in more than a decade at war. But when someone starts killing local vampires and torturing their mates, Colin takes on the mantle of a warrior once again as he sets out to find the killers and do whatever it takes to stop them, even if that means hunting with vampires.
*85. Vincent (Vampires in America #8) by D.B. Reynolds. 2014. ImaJinn Books. This Vincent vampire is hotter than hot. Vincent Kuxim, powerful and charismatic, was made vampire by an ambitious leader looking for soldiers to pave his way to the rule of all Mexico. But more than a century later, Vincent’s Sire is looking over his shoulder as Vincent closes in for the kill, ready to claim the title Lord of Mexico for himself. Lana Arnold is a bounty hunter, smart, beautiful, and determined to chart her own future. So when the most powerful vampire lord in all of North America enlists her help in tracking down a very old and elusive bloodsucker, Lana sees nothing but opportunity. There’s only one catch. The client wants her to take Vincent—a vampire she neither knows nor trusts—along on her hunt. Then again, maybe it’s herself she doesn’t trust, because Vincent Kuxim is sex walking in a pair of tight black jeans.
86. Buy Me – The Complete Series of Mistress Auction Books by Alexa Riley. 2016. Self-published. This book contains four independent but inter-related stories that are sappy-sweet and kinky. The heroes are more than mildly stalkerish and throw red flags up like there’s no tomorrow, but there’s no doubt they are infatuated from the start. “BUY ME is full of alpha heroes, sassy heroines, and lots of gooey steam. It’s sweet enough, dirty enough, and gosh darn it, people love it.”
87. Everything For Her by Alexa Riley. 2017. Carina Press. Taking stalker obsessive turned love affair to an entirely new level, this legitimizes billionaires who would be creeps if they were cable repairmen. I’m a little ashamed that I clearly must have an obsession fetish – maybe even a capture and control fetish – deep inside me to add it to my favorites list. From the start, I knew that she would be my greatest achievement, so the day I let her go, I set down a path for her. A path to me. I’ve wanted to care for and protect her since the first moment I saw her. I’ve constructed everything in our lives so that at the perfect moment, I could have her, could give her the life she deserves.
88. Lila’s Loves by Laylah Roberts. (Haven, Texas #1). 2013. Self-published. This story is definitely geared to those with a domestic discipline fetish and is not for the reader who enjoys a sexy spanking only occasionally. Gavin, Trace and Colin had long ago decided that there was only one woman for them, Lila. They just have to convince her of that. When they get the devastating news that their father (Lila’s foster father) Clay is dying, the four of them are pulled back together and discover that their feelings for each other have only grown over the years. And that no one, not a greedy mother or a crazy stalker, will come between them. Welcome to Haven, where the men are handsome, sexy and overprotective, and where their women are the center of their world. This story includes the spanking and elements of domestic discipline. #kinky
89. Always A Lady by Sharon Sala. 1993. Kindle version only recently published. Lily Brownfield was no longer “perfect” and all she wanted was to get away. Leaving LA behind to cook for the cowboys of the Longren Ranch was certainly getting away, and Oklahoma seemed like a perfect place to hide, nursing her sorrows in private. But Lily quickly realized she couldn’t hide from Case Longren.
90. Moment In Time by Suzanne Simms. 1982. Silhouette Desire #9. No e-book available, I can’t even find a copy for sale on Amazon in paperback format! I originally stole this book from my mom’s secret stash of romances but found my own copy years later. Carly Scott was hardly Tyler Carson’s idea of a civil engineer. She knew he expected a man to build his treasured dam and reckoned the sparks would fly. But what began as a battle of wills blazed into a flashfire passion that promised to consume them both.
91. Rock Courtship by Nalini Singh. A Rock Kiss novella. 2014. TKA Distribution. A drummer for the hottest rock band on the planet, David has a single, powerful weakness: Thea, the band’s publicist and the woman who steals his breath away with her every move. Only problem is, Thea doesn’t date clients—or musicians. Emotionally scarred by a cheating ex, she’s not about to risk her heart with a man who has groupies buzzing around him like flies. Even if his sexy smile ties her up in knots. What she doesn’t know is that David is a one-woman man…and he’s madly in love with her. David’s determined to prove he’s worth the risk, and willing to court her, step by exquisite step. Thea’s about to discover just how long and hard this handsome drummer can play.
92. Rock Hard (Rock Kiss #2) by Nalini Singh. 2015. TKA Distribution. Wealthy businessman Gabriel Bishop rules the boardroom with the same determination and ruthlessness that made him a rock star on the rugby field. He knows what he wants, and he’ll go after it no-holds-barred. And what he wants is Charlotte Baird. Charlotte knows she’s a mouse. Emotionally scarred and painfully shy, she just wants to do her job and remain as invisible as possible. But the new CEO—a brilliant, broad-shouldered T-Rex of a man who growls and storms through the office, leaving carnage in his wake—clearly has other plans. Plans that may be equal parts business and bedroom. If Charlotte intends to survive this battle of wits and hearts, the mouse will have to learn to wrangle the T-Rex. Game on.
93. Red Rover by Lass Small. 1989. Silhouette Desire #491. No e-book available. Quintus Finnig believes Georgina Lambert is in danger. Even though he’s barely spoken to her, he kidnaps her, traps her in a snowbound mountain cabin, and convinces her to fall madly in love with him.
94. Tender Mercy by Laura Taylor. 1994. Loveswept (Loveswept Exclusive). No e-book version, I can’t even find it for sale on Amazon in paperback format! Nicholas Benteen expected a trespasser bent on revenge when Hannah Cassidy invaded his sanctuary. But Hannah, searching for her missing brother, ignites his hunger and tempts him to confess his darkest secrets.
*95. Bride of Diaz by Patricia Wilson. 1987. Harlequin. This was one of two books I used to carry around in my purse in case I had to wait for the golden child, before the Kindle for iPhone app. But it is more old-school romance rather than explicitly erotic. A romance about the conflict of cultures between an autocratic Spanish count and Laura, his mother’s new nurse-companion.
96. The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Originally published 1972. Ebook published 2009. Harper Collins. Epic romance, the only American historical on my list — and it starts in England. Doomed to a life of unending toil, Heather Simmons fears for her innocence—until a shocking, desperate act forces her to flee. . . and to seek refuge in the arms of a virile and dangerous stranger. A lusty adventurer married to the sea, Captain Brandon Birmingham courts scorn and peril when he abducts the beautiful fugitive from the tumultuous London dockside. But no power on Earth can compel him to relinquish his exquisite prize. For he is determined to make the sapphire-eyed prize. For he is determined to make the sapphire-eyed lovely his woman. . .and to carry her off to far, uncharted realms of sensuous, passionate love.
97. A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Originally published 1981. Ebook published 2009, HarperCollins. Epic romance. Set in 1792, Georgian England. The fairest flower in Mawbry is Erienne Fleming, the enchanting, raven-haired daughter of the village mayor. Charming, spirited and exquisitely lovely, she is beset on all sides by suitors, any one of whom would pay a king’s fortune for a place in her heart. But Erienne has eyes for only one: the dashing and witty young Yankee, Christopher Seton. But marriage for love is not to be, for her irresponsible and unscrupulous father, crippled by gambling debts, is intent on auctioning off his beautiful daughter to the highest bidder. And in the end, Erienne is devastated to find it is the strange and secretive Lord Saxton who has purchased her—a mysterious, tragic figure who wears a mask and a cloak at all times to hide disfiguring scars gained in a terrible fire some years back. But in the passing days, Saxton’s true nature is revealed to her. A gentle and adoring soul, he treats his new bride with warmth and abiding tenderness, yet appears to her only by daylight. She, in turn, vows to be a good and loyal wife to him. And then Christopher Seton reenters Erienne’s world …
98. Rising Assets (Maverick Montana Book 3) by Rebecca Zanetti. 2014. Entangled Brazen. The first two books in the series are fun, but this is my favorite. Best friends who are perfect lovers. Melanie Jacobs is in trouble. With three jobs—including running her ranch—and dwindling funds, she’s exhausted. Not to mention desperately trying to hide a secret. Unfortunately, her best friend Colton Freeze knows all too well that’s something is going on, and he won’t give up until he knows exactly what he needs to fix. Then Colton learns the truth—that Melanie’s future happiness rests in the fickle hands of fate, and her chances for having a family are shrinking with every passing day. Her only comfort is Colton, but when a heated argument between them turns into an even hotter kiss, the boundaries of their friendship are erased, leaving only a scorching-hot hunger for more.